The Department of Neurosurgery offers a range of employment opportunities for health care professionals interested in pursuing a career in an environment that promotes both professional and academic excellence.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Open Position: Assistant Professor, Track V
Education Faculty Position to Direct Duke Neurosurgery Residency Program Development
As we further our focus on developing innovative education programs and on forging new approaches to residency form and culture, we have opened a position for an individual with a higher degree in education (doctorate favored) to assist with the design and implementation of novel resident education practices.
1) Work alongside the residency program director to help create, maintain, and assess innovative solutions to challenges facing surgical resident education, including designing curricula, resources, and platforms for fostering didactic knowledge, surgical autonomy, and milestone achievement. Emphasis will be placed on monitoring, publishing, and presenting results at academic journals and meetings
2) Help serve as the interface between the residency program and governing bodies, such as the Residency Review Committee and American Council for Graduate Medical Education
3) Ensure up-to-date and properly formatted reporting, in the form of program evaluations, surveys, and competency reviews
4) Assist with the design and oversight of appropriate resident feedback, mentorship, and coaching
5) Aid with residency interviews and recruitment events
6) Help implement programs for faculty development as educators
7) Assume a leadership position within the Duke Neurosurgery residency program
To apply, please send CV and cover letter to Lori Rayman, email@example.com.
Posted here July 12, 2019
Working at Duke
For a complete list of staff jobs and information about employment benefits and policies, please refer to the Duke Human Resources Web site.